Sunday, November 25, 2012

God is good...

I was playing a game on my phone today and I heard something in my spirit that made me turn it over a few times and then pick up my laptop to write it out. I heard, “You have to risk big to win big.” I had to let it sink in for a bit, in fact, it's still sinking in... It's true, though, you have to risk big to win big. Sometimes you fail big, but I'm learning that you can never really fail. Go with me on it, if God works everything out for the good of those who love Him, can you really fail?

That leads me to another big question – If you can't fail, then what is really holding you back? If you can't fail, then the excuse of being afraid to fail falls apart – so what's stopping you. I've been asking myself these questions and looking at what I thought were my failures and false starts, and I can see that it was good, that it didn't work out the way that I had it planned out. All those things have worked out for my good. So again, what's holding me back? What's stopping me from taking the world on?

So to win big, I need to risk big, and there's no failure... Whoa. Just let that sink in.... you can't fail. This is totally changing how I view my past, and how I'm planning my future. I've been in a lot of pain the last fews days, I fell and hurt my back somehow, but I know that the very minimum that will come out of this is good and I know that God is good. I don't know why bad things happen, but I do know good will come out of the bad – it's been promised and God ALWAYS keeps His promises. You can take that to the bank.

I don't know about you but I'm risking big. I took a big risk moving cross country, and I'm winning big, but I want to take more big risk. If I can't fail, then I'm going to chase these crazy dreams of mine down full force. If I fall or mess up, or it doesn't turn out the way I've planned it, then that's fine because at the end of the day God is good, and everything will work out for good. This is so exciting... I'll end with a line from some song by Superchick that I keep coming back to, “Failures are flyers who touch down, only they know what it's like to leave the ground.”

1 comment:

Verda said...

Wow, Christina! that is powerful stuff. "Risk big, to win big."