Friday, November 16, 2012

Boxes.

I went on a walk with a friend the other day and we were talking about how much I hate being put into a box, whether it be a box I made for myself or a box that other people have tired to force me into. I had the thought about how God must feel when we try to put Him in a boxes we've made. I know a lot of my boxes are being broken this school year, and I keep being amazed at the boxes I had that I didn't know I had. God keeps reveling Himself to me in ways I didn't know were possible. I keep changing and my view of God keeps changing with it. I don't think God is changing but I know that I as I go deeper and deeper in God, my view of Him keeps shifting and changing how I see the rest of the world.

Later that night, in a meeting, I said something to that same friend – the more and more you look at Jesus the more and more you start to look like Him and become who He is. The same is true about the boxes, the more boxes you break about God the more and more you break boxes about yourself. The more you look like Jesus, the less and less you fit into a box. Funny isn't it? The more we find out who we are the more we don't fit into who/what we thought or other people thought about us.

It's crazy when I think about how much I have changed in the 9 or 10 weeks we have had class, I know I talked about it some in my last post, but I'm not the same person who made that post. It's crazy how much I am growing week to week. Don't worry, I still love a good pair of 5 inch heels, and I'm still missing hockey (lockout end soon, please!). It' more that I'm understanding more about whose I am and from there I'm understanding more about who I am. I've noticed that in me changing that Layla's been changing too. At first I was worried but then I realized she sees the change in my and it's changing her too. She's relaxed a lot over these last few months, while she still has some issues with being insecure, she's not nearly has bad as she used to be and I'm believing she'll have no security issues by the end of the school year! She'll carry so much peace, that she will change the world! Hey, if God can use an ass, He can surely use my dog.

No comments: