Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Wow....

A lot has happened in the past couple of weeks - some good, some bad, and some in between. It's hard to put into words everything that has been happening here. We had a few roommate tiffs but we've worked through them. God has blown our socks off in getting rent paid for this month. I'm still looking for a job... in fact my whole house is looking for work. It's hard being in a new place and being on your own; I think I'm passed wanting to run to the safety of home. I'm starting to feel like I belong here and really getting into hangout with the other students. I can't wait to see what God is going to do next.

I'm starting to realize that a lot of what I feel isn't mine and that I pick up in what's going on around me. It's cool because I don't have to accept feeling that way and I know better how to pray. Realizing that has made settling in so much easier! It's made my homesickness better, as well. It was so wonderful to realize this, considering that I live in a city that has a lot of darkness, and depression in it. I feel like there will be a shift in this city and that peace and joy will come to Eureka.

I still don't know what's going to happen when it comes to school and a job. I'm trying to email support letters out in the next week and hopefully something will come of that. I set up a fund me page but nothing has happened with that yet. Support me if you feel led! Go here: http://www.gofundme.com/172w44 I'm trying no to worry or stress about it but it can be hard when I look at what's in my bank account or when my car starts acting up. God's provided every step of the way and I'm sure He'll keep it up!

I'm really loving getting to know the other students here! We've come from all over, and each have such different backgrounds and giftings! It's been so wonderful to see us all grow together and become this family. I love how we all fit together and I'm excited to see what will happen as the year goes on. I'm starting to feel like I belong and fit in, which is so cool! I love hanging out with these peeps during and after school.

Wow, I had a lot to say, thanks for bearing with me until the end. I'll try to update soon, but no internet has made it hard, and I don't like the iPhone app. Love y'all!

No comments: