Monday, August 04, 2008

Let's re-cap.

I was reading through some of my old blog posts over the last six months or so and they kept reminding me of where I've been. It's been a crazy ride over the past year. If you told me last year at this time I would be unemployed and back in Buford and taking more time off school I would have laughed at you, and thought you were crazy. The same goes if you would have told me I wouldn't be going to church and taking a break from YoungLife. The person I was last year at this time seems like a stranger from ten years ago and I'm still getting to know the person I am today.

When I think back to the girl I was three years ago, I've even more shocked at who I've turned into, I've gone from the little goth girl to the normal college girl. I understand how people change and grow and that it's okay to live people behind. I know now that sometimes plans change and it's okay not to have one. I know that a ten year relationship can be broken in the mater of seconds no matter how strong you think it is.

I've learned to enjoy being single and that this is the only time in my life where I won't be married or have kids that depend on me or a real job to tie me down. It's okay to live a little and to go out on a Saturday night at 10 and a have a few drinks with friends. It's okay to take a step back and it's okay to fail. Failures are fliers who touch down and only they know what it's like to leave the ground. I've learned that true friends are the ones that stick by you no matter the cost. I know how to destroy a friendship and how to save one and there's a fine line between the two. I've learned that dancing in the car singing along with my favorite songs can fix even the worst of days.

I wonder where I'll be this time net year. I know where I would like to be but I also know that sometimes it's best not to plan and just to see how things go. I wonder if my dreams and my hopes will change as much as they did over the past few years or if I've finally found what I'm called to do. I wonder if I'll find my place in the world or I'll still be looking. I think I'll still be single but that's really one of the few things I'm sure of. Haha watch that be the only thing that changes!!

No comments: