Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Lemons

I've never really been a blog person in the sense that I keep my blog up to date with all the happenings in my life. That's just not how I am. I do however have a long list of blogs that I read and keep up with. I guess it's just the nosy girl in me trying to keep up with the lives of those around me. I don't know what the deal is really. I guess sometimes it's hard to put my life into an organized paragraph because my life is not organized and my mind does not work in a organized fashion. There is a reason why I have to use an outline and rewrite most of my papers. All that to say I'm not good at this whole blog thing.

I feel that life sometimes hands us lemons and we are made to deal with them because that is all we have at the time. Then other times we make our lemons and are left to make something out of the lemons we have made. I guess what I'm trying to say is sometimes we make our messes and sometimes we can't control the messes. It's hard figuring out what to do with the lemons we have in our possession and lemonade gets old after awhile. So where does that leave us? What are we to do when there is nothing left to do with our lemons? Do we make the age old lemonade that we are told about or do we do something else?

I bet you think that if you read to this paragraph I'll have some magical way to fix the lemons in our lives but I don't. If you stop reading now I don't blame you I kinda set you up only to watch you fall. The truth is I simply don't know and I'm trying to figure out what to do with my own lemons. I can tell you to pray but I'm sure you've already been praying over the lemons in your life. I can tell you to make the best out of it or the lemonade we here so much about but the truth is sometimes it's just flat out hard to make the best out of our lemons no matter how hard we try. I can tell you to hand it over to God but that's easier said than done.

There has to be an easy answer, right? A sample way to fix everything in our life and live happily ever after but there's not. Somethings are just hard and you have to wade through the storm. Then there's other things that you will never fully get over but they become a part of who you are but they don't define you either. I mean fighting with your best friend is something you just have to weather and you'll come out of it alive but there things like the death of a family member that you never fully get over but there comes a time when it no longer defines you. You just have to get to the point where you are ready to deal with the problems at hand.

When it's all said and done we are still left with the lemons of our life and sometimes they turn into lemonade and sometimes they become a lemon we just throw out in the end. Maybe throwing out is a bad way of putting it because you really don't throw it out more like work through the issue and it's no longer a lemon in our life but we didn't make lemonade out of it either. I guess you just have to get to a place where you are ready to deal with the lemons. Although I admit there are days when I want to throw my lemons at God and to take it back or wish He would just magically fix everything.

Here's to lemonade!

No comments: