Sunday, February 12, 2006

Every now and then a song comes by and just grabs me... this is the lasted one to do so. It's written by Daniel Piper and Matthew Hunt and sung by Ryan Horne.

Ride with Me

I don't know where, I don't know where I am going,
I don't know where but I am going there,
a destination, across the nation, amidst our battles lost and won,
we'll ride to catch the setting sun,

I don't know why, I don't know why I hit the highway,
I don't know why I had to go,
there's something in me, maybe somethings empty,
white lines and pavement they fill the void,
we'll ride to catch the setting sun

BRIDGE
and so we travel on, a million miles become our home,
and this windy road, we'll ride a million more,
and as time just slips away, into the rearview goes the passing day
I hear the words I've heard a million times before

CHORUS
ride with me, show me where I need to go
Ride with me take me home,
ride with me, show me where I need to go
Ride with me take me home,

I don't know how, how far this journey's gonna take me,
I don't know how my story ends,
I've lost myself in self-reflection, seeking solace in a song,
each note it seems to me belongs

I don't know when, I don't know when my time will get me,
I don't know when my time will come,
but I'm not worried about tomorrow, sites set only for today,
so let this road just take me away

BRIDGE

CHORUS

BRIDGE

CHORUS (2x)

BRIDGE

No comments: